Loading the player...
Australia’s First Islamic Bank Has Been Licensed
Australia to open its first Islamic bank for business, a significant step forward for the country's 800,000 Muslim population
Islamic Bank Australia will offer a range of services to Muslim customers, including home financing, savings and daily accounts.
It will run a test run with a small number of clients before going public, with 8,000 people already on the waiting list.
Islamic Bank Australia has been granted a limited license by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
- 2:25 Australia’s first Islamic bank secures license, beta testing begins in 2023
- 2:57 Australia's Crescent Wealth launches Islamic fund in Malaysia
- 1:41 Australia makes Islamic Finance debut with solar sukuk launch in Labuan.
- 4:20 Dubai Islamic Bank, Noor Bank to have largest Islamic bank
- 2:58 Islamic banking for all by bank Nizwa with IBRI branch joining the bank's network
- 3:07 MBSB Bank on investment spree to realise premier Islamic bank dream
- 0:54 ADIB Securities reports over $6bln worth of trades for 9 months 2022
- 0:50 Khaleeji Commercial Bank appoints new head of retail banking
- 0:50 Uganda’s Bank launched the country’s first Islamic Sharia compliant account called Halal.
- 1:14 Saudi Islamic finance close to $800bn, Kingdom ranks first in the world SAMA official
- 1:17 Emergence of other Islamic hubs a boon
- 0:59 Saudi Arabia Islamic finance market is anticipated to grow at an impressive CAGR.
- 0:46 Russia to implement Islamic banking system
- 1:00 Islamic banks in Kuwait record 8.5% growth
- 0:52 Australia’s First Islamic Bank Has Been Licensed
- 0:52 Azerbaijan national assembly member demand to promote islamic banking