Loading the player...
The Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD) and the Banco Nacional de Investimento (BNI) agree to cooperate in private sector development in Mozambique.
In the signing session of the 40th IDB Group Annual Meeting, the Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD), the private sector arm of the Islamic Development Bank Group (IDB), sign agreement with the Banco Nacional de Investimento (BNI) to cooperate in the development of the private sector in Mozambique.
Under the terms of the agreement signed in Maputo on 11 June 2015, the two institutions will collaborate in joint operations, expand financial products and exchange information on modalities for enhanced and efficient interventions for private sector development in Mozambique.
On behalf of Mr. Khaled Al Aboodi, the CEO and General Manager of ICD, Mr Juanito Juan Limandibhratha, the Director of Risk Management Department in ICD and Tomas Matola, the CEO of BNI, signed the agreement on behalf of their respective institutions.
According to the agreement, ICD and BNI will share information on projects and business opportunities in Mozambique and on participation in the arrangement of syndications or investment in funds. They will also cooperate in structuring sukuk/debt capital market transaction opportunities, co-invest in Islamic leasing companies in Mozambique.
Mr. Khaled Al Aboodi, the CEO of ICD commented, "Mozambique and Africa are key strategic directions for ICD and we hope, via this partnership, we will increase our presence in the Mozambique".
"We are very keen to collaborate with ICD in fostering the Mozambican private sector. Diversification of source of funding is key for Mozambique. ICD and BNI with this partnership will increase the financial products and services offer in the country." said Tomas Matola, CEO of BNI.
In addition, they will explore the possibilities of financing BNI's activities through Line of Finance and partnering on ICD's initiative to establish a SME fund in Mozambique.
About the Banco Nacional de Investimento (BNI)
BNI is Mozambique´s only development and investment Bank owned by the Government, committed to financing innovative projects that contribute to the sustainable development of Mozambique and to invigorating its business sector. The Bank BNI offers a range of financial instrument and advisory services including project and structured finance, corporate finance advisory, fund management, private equity, capital market operations arrangements in Mozambique. The bank is a key partner not only for Mozambican companies and international investors but also for national and international institutions responsible for the provision and availability of financial instruments supporting development.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 1:13 Islamic Development Bank President Calls On Other Banks To Increase Development Finance, Mobilize Private Sector To Achieve SDGs
- 1:05 December 2 & 3 will be private sector holidays in the UAE
- 0:52 Dubai Meraas Holding issues $200 mln tap of private sukuk due in 2022 -document
- 2:06 Islamic banking sector worth $16bn in Egypt
- 2:19 Djibouti sees Islamic finance sector expanding, aims for sukuk
- 1:29 UAE oil sector to slow down by 2-3%
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H