Loading the player...
RI should become center of Islamic finance: President
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo said on Sunday that Indonesia should become the center of the global sharia finance system owing to its huge potential for building such a financial system.
“I warmly welcome the proclamation of the Islamic finance campaign. We need to pay close attention to the sharia financial service sector. It has rapidly grown but is not yet optimal if we look at its potential,” he said as quoted by Antara.
The President was speaking during the launch of the “I Love Shariah Finance program initiated by the Financial Services Authority (OJK) in Senayan, Central Jakarta.
Jokowi said they are the country with the largest number of micro financial institutions in the world, and the biggest Islamic debt paper [sukuk] publisher as well. They are the one and only country that issues retail Islamic debt papers so that they can be widely used and developed.
Jokokwi also said If such huge potential could be developed well, Indonesia could become a center for the development of international sharia finance.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 1:53 President stresses need for growth of Islamic finance
- 1:53 ADIB opens new Gold Center in Dubai's Al Barsha Mall
- 1:13 Islamic Development Bank President Calls On Other Banks To Increase Development Finance, Mobilize Private Sector To Achieve SDGs
- 0:52 Egypt President Imposed Emergency In The Country For 3 Months
- 2:02 Pakistan court allows former President Musharraf to travel abroad.
- 2:32 Microsoft Names Thamer Alharbi as President for its operations in Saudi Arabia
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H