Loading the player...
RI should become center of Islamic finance: President
President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo said on Sunday that Indonesia should become the center of the global sharia finance system owing to its huge potential for building such a financial system.
“I warmly welcome the proclamation of the Islamic finance campaign. We need to pay close attention to the sharia financial service sector. It has rapidly grown but is not yet optimal if we look at its potential,” he said as quoted by Antara.
The President was speaking during the launch of the “I Love Shariah Finance program initiated by the Financial Services Authority (OJK) in Senayan, Central Jakarta.
Jokowi said they are the country with the largest number of micro financial institutions in the world, and the biggest Islamic debt paper [sukuk] publisher as well. They are the one and only country that issues retail Islamic debt papers so that they can be widely used and developed.
Jokokwi also said If such huge potential could be developed well, Indonesia could become a center for the development of international sharia finance.
- 3:18 Saudi based Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform Raqamyah signs with Shariyah Review Bureau
- 1:22 Bahrain central bank issues final rules on insurance aggregators
- 3:05 GCC Islamic banks headed for more M&A deals
- 3:01 Bank Nizwa participates in malaysia industry event to leverage latest trends in islamic finance
- 6:05 Qatar’s Islamic finance sector to get central regulation, profitability remains high
- 2:28 CIS is the next frontier for Islamic banking expansion Moody’s
- 1:53 President stresses need for growth of Islamic finance
- 2:51 After Maszlee, Islamic finance expert Daud Bakar is IIUM’s new president
- 1:53 ADIB opens new Gold Center in Dubai's Al Barsha Mall
- 1:13 Islamic Development Bank President Calls On Other Banks To Increase Development Finance, Mobilize Private Sector To Achieve SDGs
- 2:41 Bank Nizwa opens wealth management center in Nizwa
- 0:52 Egypt President Imposed Emergency In The Country For 3 Months
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H