Loading the player...
Qatar Islamic Bank raises 2 billion riyals with Tier 1 sukuk
The sale was completed on Tuesday and was in accordance with Basel III banking rules, it said in a statement to the bourse. The issue will enhance the bank's capital adequacy ratios and support its business growth, it said.
QIB joins a string of Gulf banks which have tapped the debt markets in recent months to replenish their reserves after a period of strong lending growth.
In February, shareholders of QIB approved the issue of up to 5 billion riyals of Tier 1 sukuk.
Last month, Saudi Arabia's National Commercial Bank raised 1 billion riyals ($267 million) through a sukuk issue that enhanced its core capital.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 0:36 Qatar Islamic Bank raises 2 billion riyals with Tier 1 sukuk
- 1:52 Linklaters advises as Qatar Islamic Bank raises $550 million with Tier 1 Sukuk
- 1:55 Qatar sells 4.6 bln riyals in bonds, sukuk
- 2:33 Saudi Arabian developer Jabal Omar to raise 4 billion riyals via sukuk –sources
- 0:44 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank may expand Tier 1 sukuk issue by $2-3 bln
- 1:14 Islamic bank Al Baraka eyes $300 mln Tier 1 sukuk issue in Q1 2017 -CEO
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H