Loading the player...
Asia Week Ahead: Check in for the Chinese property market
REPORTER, PAMELA AMBLER, SAYING:
"Next week in Asia, it'll be a mix of economic and earnings releases coming out of the region. China's property market will be first to kick things off over the weekend."
A major indicator of the health of the economy, May housing data saw signs of improvement after 18 months of decline, though volume of unsold homes is still high.
Government purchases may have helped for June figures, but economists warn that the oversupply could drag on well into next year.
On Tuesday (Jul 21), the Reserve Bank of Australia releases July's monetary policy meeting minutes.
Investors could get more insight into why rates remained unchanged - this as inflation data figures are released the next day.
Consumer prices rose at the slowest pace in almost three years last quarter.
On Thursday (Jul 23), South Korea releases second quarter economic growth estimates.
The MERS virus outbreak will have had a negative effect on GDP.
The same day, we hear from car manufacturer, Hyundai Motor, and flat panel maker, LG Display, as both companies will report second quarter earnings.
Also on Thursday (Jul 23), a look at Singapore's consumer price index.
The country's annual core inflation hit a five-year low in May.
If weakness persists, monetary easing could be expected later this year.
Closing out the week, Japan's trade data release is Thursday (Jul 23) and advanced readings on manufacturing for July on Friday (Jul 24).
Export slowdowns could weigh on growth, while factory activity may have fallen.
- 2:14 Fintech changes the way institutions provide financial services
- 3:06 Al Baraka Islamic Bank Launches All-New Customer Care WhatsApp Service
- 1:26 Emirates NBD partners with SAS to enhance customer services through AI
- 4:31 ICD seeks to increase Central Asian participation in Islamic finance through developing local SMEs, says company chair
- 2:11 Russia's Sberbank to Acquire Stake in Islamic Charity Platform PayZakat
- 1:32 Creditor objection period on SABB-Alawwal merger to end on Saturday
- 2:09 Asia Week Ahead: PMI check-ins across Asia
- 1:56 Asia Week Ahead: Earnings from Alibaba and Toyota
- 1:51 Asia Week Ahead: Can Samsung get its mojo back?
- 1:46 Asia Week Ahead: A new Eastern bloc in Shanghai?
- 1:40 Asia Week Ahead: Data to show cooling China
- 1:37 Asia Week Ahead: Expect lackluster set of Samsung earnings
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H