Loading the player...
U.S. stocks end the day mixed, but positive for the week
Stocks ended the day mixed, concluding a wild week on Wall Street on concern over China's slowing economy.
Despite the sell-off earlier in the week, the Dow, S&P 500 and NASDAQ ended the week higher.
But the volatility may not be over.
Reuters markets editor, David Gaffen.
DAVID GAFFEN, REUTERS MARKETS EDITOR SAYING:
"We could see a few more weeks of uncertainty and some selling in this corrective phase. I don't think it is over and will take some time here but China and the Fed, both, play a part here and that valuations were expensive."
Meanwhile, shares of design software maker Autodesk fell after the company cut its full-year profit and revenue forecast for the second time this year and posted lower-than-expected second-quarter revenue.
More trouble for Aeropostale. Shares of the teen retailer fell to a new all time low in trading after reporting a loss for the eleventh straight quarter due to deep discounting and store closings.
But discount retailer BIG LOTS moved higher after reporting better than expected second quarter profit and revenue, helped by strong sales in its furniture division.
In economic news, both, personal income and spending, were higher last month.
European markets ended the day mixed.
- 2:14 Fintech changes the way institutions provide financial services
- 3:06 Al Baraka Islamic Bank Launches All-New Customer Care WhatsApp Service
- 1:26 Emirates NBD partners with SAS to enhance customer services through AI
- 4:31 ICD seeks to increase Central Asian participation in Islamic finance through developing local SMEs, says company chair
- 2:11 Russia's Sberbank to Acquire Stake in Islamic Charity Platform PayZakat
- 1:32 Creditor objection period on SABB-Alawwal merger to end on Saturday
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H