Loading the player...
G20 global growth pledge
After Friday's attacks in Paris - a new focus for world leaders at the G20 summit.
International security and defeating the so-called Islamic State dominated the agenda of the two-day meeting.
But discussions also turned to the summit's original goal - finding ways to boost the global economy.
A draft of the final communique contains a pledge by government chiefs to use all policy tools available to tackle disappointing and uneven growth.
Host Tayyip Erdogan highlighted the weak performance so far.
Tayyip Erdogan, Turkish President saying
"Since the global crisis started, we haven't got rid of this vicious cycle of recovery and slowdowns. In many countries, room for maneuver in money and financial policies is getting smaller. the uncertainties in financial markets are signaling new risk factors. The political tension is adding to these risks."
The global economy remains a mixed bag for investors, with the U.S. showing improvement, China and Europe looking vulnerable and Japan now back in recession.
CCLA's James Bevan says the G20 needs a united front.
James Bevan, Chief Investment Officer, CCLA saying
"The G20 must now look at a broad set of measures to encourage economic recovery across a broad range of economies rather than just a narrow front. Many economies recognise that it is important to have more co-operation and global growth trends are now uniformly weak."
Still the mood outside Turkey is sceptical since G20 plans often fail to result in concrete action.
But now leaders will be feeling the pressure to prove the forum is much more than a talking shop.
- 4:10 Islamic finance key to funding green energy projects
- 2:13 Alinma CEO shares leadership insights at Cambridge event
- 2:22 Dubai Islamic Bank Q2 profit jumps 14%
- 3:17 Consolidation on cards for UAE, Saudi islamic insurers over stricter capital norms
- 1:57 Emirates Strategic Investments Co readies debut dollar sukuk sale
- 1:34 Egypt’s FRA approves Sarwa Capital’s sukuk securitisation business
- 2:12 Nissan sees Africa as key to its global growth strategy.
- 0:42 Second edition of Global Islamic Economy Summit set to address key growth drivers and advance the sectors within
- 1:59 The global impact
- 1:28 Chinese GDP stable at 7 percent growth
- 1:38 UK 2014 growth fastest in 7 years
- 1:53 President stresses need for growth of Islamic finance
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H