Loading the player...
Southeast Asia as key driver of the global Islamic Economy
Highlights for the Islamic Economy include 100 pct foreign ownership allowed in restaurants, cinemas, film distribution; majority foreign stake in low-end hotels, catering, MICE businesses; and e-commerce which is 100 pct open to foreign ownership for investments over 100 bln rupiah.
With both Indonesia and Malaysia key members of the ASEAN Economic Community, there is significant potential for accelerated growth of Islamic Economy sectors for the region. 10-member ASEAN has a combined GDP of $2.6 tln, and is a market of 622 mln people, 50 pct of whom are under the age of 30. Around 40 pct of the region's population are Muslim.
Last year GDP growth was 5 pct for Malaysia and 4.79 pct for Indonesia. Estimates for 2016 growth is weaker for Malaysia than Indonesia.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 4:03 Association of Southeast Asia Nations prepares to become an integerated market
- 2:40 Sixth Islamic Economy Award ceremony to take place on sidelines of Global Islamic Economy Summit in October 2018
- 0:42 Second edition of Global Islamic Economy Summit set to address key growth drivers and advance the sectors within
- 3:42 Rise of halal market explored by expert panel at Global Islamic Economy Summit 2016
- 1:51 Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre: Islamic economy contributes 8% of Dubai's GDP
- 2:02 Rise of the digital Islamic economy
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H