Loading the player...
Oman okays MB Holding's $150 mln sukuk programme
The sale of Sukuk by MB Holding, whose flagship company is MB Petroleum Services, would be conducted as a private placement, the Capital Market Authority (CMA) said.
Details such as tenor or timing were not available, but the proposed Sukuk from MB Holding could help revive interest in Islamic funding sources in the country.
The first sale of corporate Sukuk in Oman came in late 2013, a 50 million rial ($130 million) deal from real estate firm Tilal Development Co.
No other corporates have successfully sold Sukuk since then, with Oman Telecommunications Co (Omantel) scrapping plans to issue a $130 million dual-currency deal in February.
The government issued Sukuk of its own in October of last year, with the CMA publishing Sukuk regulations last month.
In 2010, MB Petroleum Services sold a $320 million high yield bond which was rated B+ by Standard & Poor's and BB- by Fitch.
- 6:39 UAE banks prove resilience again with bumper profits
- 1:23 Saudi Al Ma’athar REIT secures $106.6mln shariah-compliant facility
- 1:51 GFH posts $49mln first half net profit
- 4:55 Uzbekistan is an Emerging Market for Islamic Finance
- 1:31 ENBD REIT buys back shares on Nasdaq Dubai
- 2:13 UAE’s four largest banks post H1 profit above $5bln
- 2:04 Oman's MB Holding Co Hires Banks For $150 Mln Sukuk Sale
- 0:52 Dubai Meraas Holding issues $200 mln tap of private sukuk due in 2022 -document
- 2:56 Dentons advises Mohammed Al Barwani Holding on landmark Sukuk issuance
- 1:43 Islamic Development Bank increases sukuk programme to $25 bln
- 1:30 Saudi finance ministry says domestic sukuk programme established
- 2:08 Saudi Real Estate Refinance Co sets up $2.9bln sukuk programme
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H