Loading the player...
Russian bank trio to roll out Islamic finance products
Russian banks' balance sheets have been strained by an economic crisis and Western-imposed sanctions, encouraging efforts to develop sharia-compliant finance to attract investors from the Gulf and southeast Asia.
But Russia does not have a large Muslim population to provide a ready-made customer base; only about 20 million of its roughly 145 million people are Muslims. So progress rests on a handful of pilot projects and the willingness of regulators to pass legislation that would make Islamic finance cost-effective.
Those efforts received a boost last month when Russian lenders Vnesheconom Bank , Sber Bank and Tatfond Bank signed agreements with the Islamic Development Bank (IDB)to support their initiatives.
- 2:03 PPAF awarded for services towards financial inclusion
- 3:28 Alliance Islamic Bank launches social crowdfunding platform
- 3:34 Only 1.6 pct of green bonds issued in Q1 2019 were Shariah-compliant sukuk – Moody’s
- 3:06 Fintech to help Qatar become Islamic finance hub QFC
- 1:56 UAE bank awards Dh1 million to Indian expat after maintaining account for six years
- 2:46 5th International Islamic Finance Executive Program Concludes in Jeddah
- 3:12 Russian and Malaysian investors studying creation of Islamic Bank
- 4:18 Facing sanctions, Russian banks look to build Islamic finance know-how
- 2:36 Malaysia exports Islamic Finance Expertise to Drive Russian Islamic Finance Ambitions
- 2:39 African sovereign trio add to growing appeal for sukuk
- 1:44 New products, standards buoy Islamic trade finance business.
- 4:05 Islamic finance group approves standard for gold products
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H