Loading the player...
Malaysia's Sarawak Hidro said to plan $1.3 Billion Sukuk Sale
Sarawak Hidro, owned by Malaysia’s Ministry of Finance, aims to sell the Islamic bonds in July and will use the proceeds to refinance existing debt, according to the people. The sukuk program has a preliminary AAA score from local assessor RAM Rating Services Bhd., the people said, asking not to be identified as the information is private.
The electricity generator is weaning off government guarantees for its latest sukuk program in a move to ease the nation’s fiscal burden, even as sales of such debt climbed to a record this year. Sarawak Hidro’s plant on Borneo island is part of Prime Minister Najib Razak’s $444 billion development plan, which includes improving infrastructure as the nation seeks to become a developed economy by 2020.
“The move is positive for the government to manage the risk of contingent liabilities, by leaving companies with healthy cashflows to have their standalone rating,” Fakrizzaki Ghazali, a Kuala Lumpur-based strategist at RHB Research Institute Sdn., said by e-mail Monday. The limited supply of local AAA-rated debt this year could support demand for the offering, according to Ghazali.
- 2:03 PPAF awarded for services towards financial inclusion
- 3:28 Alliance Islamic Bank launches social crowdfunding platform
- 3:34 Only 1.6 pct of green bonds issued in Q1 2019 were Shariah-compliant sukuk – Moody’s
- 3:06 Fintech to help Qatar become Islamic finance hub QFC
- 1:56 UAE bank awards Dh1 million to Indian expat after maintaining account for six years
- 2:46 5th International Islamic Finance Executive Program Concludes in Jeddah
- 0:41 Malaysia's Maxis Broadband plans 10 billion ringgit Sukuk
- 0:50 Malaysia's Maxis Broadband plans 10 billion ringgit Sukuk
- 2:29 Malaysia's Ekovest will issue RM3.64 billion sukuk to finance highway project
- 1:38 Barclays adding Malaysia Sukuk to index draws 3 billion dollars.
- 2:40 Anxiety builds ahead of Malaysia Air restructuring plan
- 1:26 Malaysia PNB to create RM20 billion of new Islamic shares for Maybank
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H