Loading the player...
Noor Bank's US$500 million Tier 1 Sukuk listed on Nasdaq Dubai
It was the 11th Sukuk listing in Dubai this year, as well as the first perpetual Tier 1 Sukuk issued this year from the UAE. The total nominal value of listings in Dubai has reached US$44.56 billion, demonstrating the robust growth Dubai has achieved as the leading global center for Sukuk listings.
The bell-ringing ceremony took place in the presence of Essa Kazim, Governor of Dubai International Financial Centre, DIFC, Secretary-General of Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre, DIEDC, and Chairman of Dubai Financial Market, DFM, Abdul Wahed Al Fahim, Chairman of Nasdaq Dubai, and Hamed Ali, Chief Executive of Nasdaq Dubai.
Speaking at the event, Essa Kazim said, "The successful issuance of this Sukuk by a leading UAE bank, followed by its listing on Dubai’s international exchange infrastructure, demonstrates Dubai’s excellence across all aspects of the Islamic bond sector.
The emirate will continue to strengthen its expertise in this field in line with the growth of Dubai as the global capital of the Islamic Economy under the initiative launched by Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum." Hussain Al Qemzi said, "We are delighted with the outcome of our debut Tier 1 issuance, which witnessed strong investor demand in the international capital markets. Our listing on Nasdaq Dubai, an international financial exchange, provides the issuance with global visibility and internationally recognized regulatory architecture. Through this issuance, we will significantly boost our capital ratios to further support the future balance sheet growth of the bank." The Perpetual Tier 1 Sukuk listed on Nasdaq Dubai on June 2nd, 2016. The listing follows Noor Bank’s inaugural US$500 million senior unsecured Sukuk, which was listed on the exchange in April, 2015.
Abdul Wahed Al Fahim said, "The issuance and listing of Noor Bank’s latest Sukuk provides further evidence that activity in the Islamic bond market is strong, as a result of significant issuer appetite for capital and investor demand for well structured Islamic products. Nasdaq Dubai will further enhance its infrastructure and procedures in order to provide a competitive listing environment than meets issuers’ changing requirements." Hamed Ali commented, "We are in discussion with a substantial number of potential Sukuk issuers who wish to list their securities on the exchange in the coming months, to benefit from the high profile and regulatory excellence that it provides. As the Islamic capital markets expand and develop both in the region and internationally, we are preparing to introduce further initiatives and innovation in a variety of asset classes."
- 1:14 Qatar to launch energy-focused Islamic bank with $10 billion capital
- 3:32 Emirates Islamic named most Innovative Islamic Bank by Islamic Finance News
- 1:59 NMC wins ‘UAE Deal of the Year’ for $400mln sukuk
- 7:18 Banking on mergers More consolidations seen in UAE lending sector
- 3:18 GCC corporate bond and sukuk issuance up 86% last year - Moody's
- 3:11 UK's NCWA to invest in Islamic finance platform
- 2:44 Noor Bank CEO rings bell to celebrate listing of its debut US$500 million Sukuk on Nasdaq Dubai
- 1:50 Noor Bank lists $500mln Sukuk on Nasdaq Dubai
- 1:23 Nasdaq Dubai welcomes listing of USD 750 million Sukuk by Dubai Islamic Bank
- 1:24 Dubai's Noor Bank launches $500 million 5-year Sukuk at 6.25 pct.
- 1:52 Linklaters advises as Qatar Islamic Bank raises $550 million with Tier 1 Sukuk
- 1:55 Ahmed bin Saeed rings bell to celebrate listing of $913 million Sukuk by Emirates Airline on Nasdaq Dubai
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H