Loading the player...
Dubai to host Islamic economy summit
The summit is organized by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry and by the Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre. The event’s main theme this year is Inspiring Change and it will be divided in six plenaries that will cover issues ranging from how the global dynamics shapes the Islamic economy to the operations of Islamic funds.
According to a statement by the Dubai Chamber, the event aims to offer an integrated platform so experts of the sector can discuss the main issues and trends on Islamic economy, highlighting the most important contributions that this sector can provide for the improvement of people’s lives and the achievement of sustainable development.
There will be concomitant discussions on specific topics such as food and fashion, plus business matchmaking, debates, motivational speeches, gala dinners and the competition Innovation 4 Change.
“As the Islamic economy continues to grow at a rapid pace and prove itself as a viable solution to the stagnation that is plaguing global markets, the Global Islamic Economy Summit becomes all the more important as a platform for the major stakeholders in the fields to come together and share knowledge and ideas on how to drive the sector forward and, through it, achieve sustainable economic growth”, said Majid Saif Al Ghurair, Dubai Chamber’s chairman, according to the organization’s statement.
According to the event’s website, the assets of Islamic banks are estimated at USD 1.65 trillion and are expected to double over the next four years. The amount generated by the Muslim lifestyle is expected to grow 10% annually, reaching USD 3.7 trillion in 2019.
- 2:03 PPAF awarded for services towards financial inclusion
- 3:28 Alliance Islamic Bank launches social crowdfunding platform
- 3:34 Only 1.6 pct of green bonds issued in Q1 2019 were Shariah-compliant sukuk – Moody’s
- 3:06 Fintech to help Qatar become Islamic finance hub QFC
- 1:56 UAE bank awards Dh1 million to Indian expat after maintaining account for six years
- 2:46 5th International Islamic Finance Executive Program Concludes in Jeddah
- 2:40 Sixth Islamic Economy Award ceremony to take place on sidelines of Global Islamic Economy Summit in October 2018
- 0:42 Second edition of Global Islamic Economy Summit set to address key growth drivers and advance the sectors within
- 3:42 Rise of halal market explored by expert panel at Global Islamic Economy Summit 2016
- 1:51 Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre: Islamic economy contributes 8% of Dubai's GDP
- 3:05 The foundation of the Islamic economy in Dubai
- 4:11 Harvard Study Shows Dubai's Halal Economy Potential, analyses Al Islami Foods.
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H