Loading the player...
Dubai to host Islamic economy summit
The summit is organized by the Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry and by the Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre. The event’s main theme this year is Inspiring Change and it will be divided in six plenaries that will cover issues ranging from how the global dynamics shapes the Islamic economy to the operations of Islamic funds.
According to a statement by the Dubai Chamber, the event aims to offer an integrated platform so experts of the sector can discuss the main issues and trends on Islamic economy, highlighting the most important contributions that this sector can provide for the improvement of people’s lives and the achievement of sustainable development.
There will be concomitant discussions on specific topics such as food and fashion, plus business matchmaking, debates, motivational speeches, gala dinners and the competition Innovation 4 Change.
“As the Islamic economy continues to grow at a rapid pace and prove itself as a viable solution to the stagnation that is plaguing global markets, the Global Islamic Economy Summit becomes all the more important as a platform for the major stakeholders in the fields to come together and share knowledge and ideas on how to drive the sector forward and, through it, achieve sustainable economic growth”, said Majid Saif Al Ghurair, Dubai Chamber’s chairman, according to the organization’s statement.
According to the event’s website, the assets of Islamic banks are estimated at USD 1.65 trillion and are expected to double over the next four years. The amount generated by the Muslim lifestyle is expected to grow 10% annually, reaching USD 3.7 trillion in 2019.
- 4:10 Islamic finance key to funding green energy projects
- 2:13 Alinma CEO shares leadership insights at Cambridge event
- 2:22 Dubai Islamic Bank Q2 profit jumps 14%
- 3:17 Consolidation on cards for UAE, Saudi islamic insurers over stricter capital norms
- 1:57 Emirates Strategic Investments Co readies debut dollar sukuk sale
- 1:34 Egypt’s FRA approves Sarwa Capital’s sukuk securitisation business
- 2:40 Sixth Islamic Economy Award ceremony to take place on sidelines of Global Islamic Economy Summit in October 2018
- 0:42 Second edition of Global Islamic Economy Summit set to address key growth drivers and advance the sectors within
- 3:42 Rise of halal market explored by expert panel at Global Islamic Economy Summit 2016
- 1:51 Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre: Islamic economy contributes 8% of Dubai's GDP
- 3:05 The foundation of the Islamic economy in Dubai
- 3:47 Dubai Islamic Economy Development Centre Expands European Reach through Malta
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H