Loading the player...
Smart logo to ensure authenticity of halal food in Dubai
Dubai Municipality on Monday signed an agreement with SICPA, a Swiss company that will provide the smart logo to companies producing halal food products and a mobile app for consumers to verify the halal certification of these products.
Hussain Nasser Lootah, director-general of Dubai Municipality, said the smart logo will be implemented in the market within six months.
SIPCA will launch the mobile app for the consumers and the inspection device for inspectors after the implementation of the smart logo in the market.
Ameenah Ahmad Mohammad, director of Dubai Accreditation Centre under the municipality, said the plan is to digitise the UAE National Halal Mark so that the information encoded in the logo can be read by using the mobile app.
“Now, even if the halal mark is there, you can’t be sure if the product was really certified. Sometimes, some companies can cheat. They can put the label without getting accreditation Using the app, consumers can scan the smart logo and retrieve all information related to the product such as the country of origin of the product and the authenticity of the halal certification it has received.”
She said all companies producing halal food products will have to now apply for the smart logo of the UAE National Halal Mark that can be digitally read.
“Only SIPCA can provide it. In the future, if the logo can’t be digitally read, it will not be considered original accreditation,” said Mohammad.
According to the official, authorities in the UAE are trying to have only one logo [the UAE National Halal Mark] for all halal products in the country. “If there are products with accreditation from anywhere else, they should also get this logo,” said Mohammad.
By scanning the smart logo, food inspectors will be able to trace the history of the product without referring to paperwork.
- 2:12 Bank nizwa contributes in financing iconic mall of muscat
- 3:23 Conventional bond, sukuk listings hit $77.47bln on Nasdaq Dubai
- 2:44 Sharjah Islamic Bank's net profit rises by 6% in Q1 2019
- 2:40 iMAL to power digital banking for Ameen Al-Iraq Islamic Bank
- 2:22 Emirates Islamic Bank's net profit surges 97% to Dh411 million
- 4:36 Suriname, Guyana seek Islamic funding for development
- 3:48 Meet Salem Mashriqi of Hamza & Madina Halal Food on the corner of Hillside Avenue and Little Neck Parkway in Glen Oaks, NY. A 2013 Vendy Award Finalist.Thanks for watching food. curated.!
- 2:54 The event My Karachi exhibits halal way of clothing and halal food products.
- 1:31 CANADA-HALAL FOOD FESTIVAL
- 1:02 Government Of Canada Improves Labeling Of Halal Food Products
- 3:31 Brunei welcomes Foreign Direct Investment in Halal food industry
- 3:21 Domestic demand for better food standards drive China's $17 billion halal sector
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H