Loading the player...
Are Muslim-majority countries doing enough to achieve a universal halal standard?
“Our challenge lies in being Shariah-complaint," said Mohammed Badri, Managing Director of the Dubai-based International Halal Accreditation Forum. "We lack in Research and Development (R&D) which could tell us what’s wrong or right."
The panel agreed that it is non-Muslim countries, like Brazil and France, for example, that are reaping benefits by becoming major suppliers of halal products.
“All supplies are from non-Islamic countries. Brazil is the largest producer and exporter of halal food; Nestle is the largest supplier of halal foods, and France has become a big beneficiary from exports of halal cosmetics and clothes,” Rafi-uddin Shikoh, CEO and Managing Director of Dinar Standard said.
The panel also felt that halal products have tremendous potential for growth since the concept of 'halal' is not confined to a single industry. Besides food, cosmetics, clothes and medicines, halal tourism is also witnessing growing popularity among Muslims across the world.
- 2:12 Bank nizwa contributes in financing iconic mall of muscat
- 3:23 Conventional bond, sukuk listings hit $77.47bln on Nasdaq Dubai
- 2:44 Sharjah Islamic Bank's net profit rises by 6% in Q1 2019
- 2:40 iMAL to power digital banking for Ameen Al-Iraq Islamic Bank
- 2:22 Emirates Islamic Bank's net profit surges 97% to Dh411 million
- 4:36 Suriname, Guyana seek Islamic funding for development
- 1:55 Malaysia Is On Track To Achieve Global Halal Hub status by 2020 backed by a holistic ecosystem
- 1:58 UAE says most countries in oil cut deal like idea of long-term alliance
- 1:35 Standard Chartered profit tumbles
- 2:07 Standard Chartered Saadiq gears up to tap new growth markets
- 2:47 Islamic Windows of Coris Bank International pave the way to achieve SDG goal by ensuring financial inclusion and shared prosperity
- 4:05 Islamic finance group approves standard for gold products
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H