Loading the player...
Are Muslim-majority countries doing enough to achieve a universal halal standard?
“Our challenge lies in being Shariah-complaint," said Mohammed Badri, Managing Director of the Dubai-based International Halal Accreditation Forum. "We lack in Research and Development (R&D) which could tell us what’s wrong or right."
The panel agreed that it is non-Muslim countries, like Brazil and France, for example, that are reaping benefits by becoming major suppliers of halal products.
“All supplies are from non-Islamic countries. Brazil is the largest producer and exporter of halal food; Nestle is the largest supplier of halal foods, and France has become a big beneficiary from exports of halal cosmetics and clothes,” Rafi-uddin Shikoh, CEO and Managing Director of Dinar Standard said.
The panel also felt that halal products have tremendous potential for growth since the concept of 'halal' is not confined to a single industry. Besides food, cosmetics, clothes and medicines, halal tourism is also witnessing growing popularity among Muslims across the world.
- 2:14 Fintech changes the way institutions provide financial services
- 3:06 Al Baraka Islamic Bank Launches All-New Customer Care WhatsApp Service
- 1:26 Emirates NBD partners with SAS to enhance customer services through AI
- 4:31 ICD seeks to increase Central Asian participation in Islamic finance through developing local SMEs, says company chair
- 2:11 Russia's Sberbank to Acquire Stake in Islamic Charity Platform PayZakat
- 1:32 Creditor objection period on SABB-Alawwal merger to end on Saturday
- 1:55 Malaysia Is On Track To Achieve Global Halal Hub status by 2020 backed by a holistic ecosystem
- 1:58 UAE says most countries in oil cut deal like idea of long-term alliance
- 1:35 Standard Chartered profit tumbles
- 2:07 Standard Chartered Saadiq gears up to tap new growth markets
- 2:47 Islamic Windows of Coris Bank International pave the way to achieve SDG goal by ensuring financial inclusion and shared prosperity
- 4:05 Islamic finance group approves standard for gold products
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H