Loading the player...
Kuwaiti developer NREC plans $500 mln sukuk sale in Q1 2017 - CFO
The company is about to obtain a credit rating from Standard & Poor's and will then seek to appoint banks to arrange the planned Islamic bond issue, Shiv Hiremath said in an interview on the sidelines of a finance conference.
The sukuk will have a seven-year maturity, and while the exact timing of the sale would depend on market conditions, the company would like to raise the financing in the first quarter of next year.
Proceeds from the sale will be partly used to back new real estate developments and partly to refinance existing bank debt, Hiremath said.
National Real Estate Company (NREC) is also raising a 2.4 billion dirham ($654 million) loan for the development of the Reem Mall in Abu Dhabi.
The company is arranging the deal itself with a club of banks, with the seven-year facility expected to be completed by the end of November, Hiremath said.
National Real Estate Company (NREC) and United Projects for Aviation Services Company (UPAC) are the developers of the Reem Mall, which is due to open in 2018.
Costing 4 billion dirhams, the mall will have 2.8 million square feet of retail space and host around 450 stores when completed, according to its website.
- 3:18 Saudi based Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform Raqamyah signs with Shariyah Review Bureau
- 1:22 Bahrain central bank issues final rules on insurance aggregators
- 3:05 GCC Islamic banks headed for more M&A deals
- 3:01 Bank Nizwa participates in malaysia industry event to leverage latest trends in islamic finance
- 6:05 Qatar’s Islamic finance sector to get central regulation, profitability remains high
- 2:28 CIS is the next frontier for Islamic banking expansion Moody’s
- 1:53 Kuwaiti developer NREC plans $500 mln sukuk sale in Q1 2017 - CFO
- 1:53 Bahrain approaches banks about sukuk sale in Q1 2017 -sources
- 3:15 Saudi Real Estate Refinance Co plans up to $1.07bln sukuk sale this year -CEO
- 1:37 Saudi Arabia plans international sukuk sale in second half of this year - Maal
- 2:33 Saudi Arabian developer Jabal Omar to raise 4 billion riyals via sukuk –sources
- 2:04 Oman's MB Holding Co Hires Banks For $150 Mln Sukuk Sale
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H