Loading the player...
Dubai Islamic Bank Q3 net profit falls 9.9 prc, meets estimates
The bank made 876.3 million dirhams ($238.6 million) in the three months to Sept. 30, it said in a statement. This compares with a profit of 972.1 million dirhams in the corresponding period of 2015.
Dubai Islamic Bank's earnings growth had generally outperformed most of its local rivals in recent quarters, even as operating conditions across the UAE banking sector hardened because of rising credit costs and sluggish loan growth. But the latest results has brought that trend to a halt, at least for now.
It is the third major Dubai-based lender to report weaker earnings growth this quarter after Emirates NBD and Mashreq.
The average forecast of three analysts polled was for DIB to make a quarterly profit of 946.9 million dirhams.
Earnings were dented by a 74.8 percent rise in impairment charges to 113.5 million dirhams, as well as a 1.5 percent rise in total operating expenses to 564.5 million dirhams.
The 14.8 percent climb in income from Islamic financing and investing transactions to 1.64 billion dirhams was tempered by a 4.8 percent dip in commissions, fees and foreign exchange income to 329.7 million dirhams.
In a bid to maintain future growth, the bank in June completed a 3.2 billion dirhams rights issue aimed at bolstering its capital.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 0:52 Dubai Islamic Bank meets forecasts with 3 percent Q2 profit rise
- 2:03 Dubai Islamic Bank Pakistan posts after tax profit of PKR 2.5 billion
- 2:46 Accounting meets religion in challenge for Islamic banks
- 1:04 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Q3 net profit rises 1.1 pct
- 1:30 Sharjah Islamic Bank net profit's H1 2016 at AED 257 mln
- 0:49 UAE's Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank Q2 net profit rises 1 pct
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H