Loading the player...
Dubai Islamic Bank Q3 net profit falls 9.9 prc, meets estimates
The bank made 876.3 million dirhams ($238.6 million) in the three months to Sept. 30, it said in a statement. This compares with a profit of 972.1 million dirhams in the corresponding period of 2015.
Dubai Islamic Bank's earnings growth had generally outperformed most of its local rivals in recent quarters, even as operating conditions across the UAE banking sector hardened because of rising credit costs and sluggish loan growth. But the latest results has brought that trend to a halt, at least for now.
It is the third major Dubai-based lender to report weaker earnings growth this quarter after Emirates NBD and Mashreq.
The average forecast of three analysts polled was for DIB to make a quarterly profit of 946.9 million dirhams.
Earnings were dented by a 74.8 percent rise in impairment charges to 113.5 million dirhams, as well as a 1.5 percent rise in total operating expenses to 564.5 million dirhams.
The 14.8 percent climb in income from Islamic financing and investing transactions to 1.64 billion dirhams was tempered by a 4.8 percent dip in commissions, fees and foreign exchange income to 329.7 million dirhams.
In a bid to maintain future growth, the bank in June completed a 3.2 billion dirhams rights issue aimed at bolstering its capital.
- 3:18 Saudi based Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform Raqamyah signs with Shariyah Review Bureau
- 1:22 Bahrain central bank issues final rules on insurance aggregators
- 3:05 GCC Islamic banks headed for more M&A deals
- 3:01 Bank Nizwa participates in malaysia industry event to leverage latest trends in islamic finance
- 6:05 Qatar’s Islamic finance sector to get central regulation, profitability remains high
- 2:28 CIS is the next frontier for Islamic banking expansion Moody’s
- 0:52 Dubai Islamic Bank meets forecasts with 3 percent Q2 profit rise
- 2:22 Dubai Islamic Bank Q2 profit jumps 14%
- 2:03 Dubai Islamic Bank Pakistan posts after tax profit of PKR 2.5 billion
- 2:46 Accounting meets religion in challenge for Islamic banks
- 1:55 Goldman Sachs falls for fifth day as 1MDB risk remains in focus
- 1:42 Bahrain Islamic Bank six-month profit down 5.56 pct
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H