Loading the player...
UAE's Etihad Airways could raise $1 billion in planned sukuk debut
Investors said the planned Islamic bond, known as a sukuk, could be as large as $1 billion, although one banker involved in the transaction said Etihad has given no specific indication of the size, maturity or timing of the Islamic bond sale.
HSBC, JP Morgan, National Bank of Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank, Dubai Islamic Bank and First Gulf Bank are the deal underwriters, according to an investor presentation.
Etihad Airways, owned by the Government of Abu Dhabi, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on what would be its first Islamic bond targeted at international investors.
The airline, whose credit is rated A by Fitch, reported total revenues of about $9 billion in 2015, according to the presentation. At the end of last year it had 121 aircraft and it plans to take delivery of a further 188 by 2026, it added.
Etihad Airways Partners, a funding vehicle for the Abu Dhabi-based carrier and airlines in which it has equity stakes, has issued two bonds since September 2015, one of which was subsequently increased in size.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 1:57 Etihad could raise $1 billion in planned sukuk debut
- 0:58 Etihad Airways prices $1.5 bln sukuk with 3.86 percent profit rate - leads
- 4:35 Etihad Airways has been awarded the Islamic Deal of the Year
- 2:33 Saudi Arabian developer Jabal Omar to raise 4 billion riyals via sukuk –sources
- 0:38 Morocco pushes back planned local sukuk issue to September - finance minister
- 1:04 Malaysia's Bank Muamalat to raise up to 1 bln rgt via sukuk
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H