Loading the player...
Iran to enjoy chairmanship of Islamic finance body IFSB in 2017
a move that could help align practices in the country’s banking system with peers across Asia and the Middle East.
Shut out of the global system by sanctions, Iranian banks are eager to resume business with foreign lenders with deals ranging from funding infrastructure to ensuring foreign trade.
Years of isolation have led the country to develop practices that can contrast with those in other Islamic financial centres, but a prominent role within the Kuala Lumpur-based IFSB could help narrow those differences.
The IFSB Council said late on Wednesday it had appointed Iran’s central bank governor Valiollah Seif as chairman effective from Jan. 1, with Bangladesh Bank governor Fazle Kabir as deputy chairman.
The IFSB is one of the main standard-setting bodies for Islamic finance, setting prudential guidelines covering areas including governance, capital adequacy and liquidity risk management.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 2:51 Islamic finance body IFSB throws down gauntlet on sukuk
- 2:19 Islamic finance industry to get significant lease from the opening of Iran's economy
- 3:05 Islamic finance body IIFM launches FX forward standards
- 1:46 The IFSB Council appoints new Technical Committee of the IFSB
- 1:35 Saudi Arabia joins Islamic finance body, could boost cross-border deals
- 3:31 Islamic finance body International Islamic Liquidity Management auctions first four month sukuk
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H