Loading the player...
Iran to enjoy chairmanship of Islamic finance body IFSB in 2017
a move that could help align practices in the country’s banking system with peers across Asia and the Middle East.
Shut out of the global system by sanctions, Iranian banks are eager to resume business with foreign lenders with deals ranging from funding infrastructure to ensuring foreign trade.
Years of isolation have led the country to develop practices that can contrast with those in other Islamic financial centres, but a prominent role within the Kuala Lumpur-based IFSB could help narrow those differences.
The IFSB Council said late on Wednesday it had appointed Iran’s central bank governor Valiollah Seif as chairman effective from Jan. 1, with Bangladesh Bank governor Fazle Kabir as deputy chairman.
The IFSB is one of the main standard-setting bodies for Islamic finance, setting prudential guidelines covering areas including governance, capital adequacy and liquidity risk management.
- 3:18 Saudi based Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform Raqamyah signs with Shariyah Review Bureau
- 1:22 Bahrain central bank issues final rules on insurance aggregators
- 3:05 GCC Islamic banks headed for more M&A deals
- 3:01 Bank Nizwa participates in malaysia industry event to leverage latest trends in islamic finance
- 6:05 Qatar’s Islamic finance sector to get central regulation, profitability remains high
- 2:28 CIS is the next frontier for Islamic banking expansion Moody’s
- 2:51 Islamic finance body IFSB throws down gauntlet on sukuk
- 2:19 Islamic finance industry to get significant lease from the opening of Iran's economy
- 1:46 The IFSB Council appoints new Technical Committee of the IFSB
- 3:05 Islamic finance body IIFM launches FX forward standards
- 1:35 Saudi Arabia joins Islamic finance body, could boost cross-border deals
- 3:31 Islamic finance body International Islamic Liquidity Management auctions first four month sukuk
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H