News Local News
Loading the player...
Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan is easing Sukuk rules as part of a measure to facilitate Islamic finance to develop the Shari'a compliant market.
The Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan (SECP) announced that it was relaxing regulations for Sukuk issuance in order to develop the Shariah-compliant market.
The regulatory body believed that it would cut the cost of Sukuk issue and provide incentives to investors.
The SECP has invited public opinion on the proposed amendments before their finalization.
The SECP has also advised the PSX to come up with proposals for reducing the cost of market-maker for Sukuk issuance, rationalizing the minimum size of public offer portion to reduce the cost of issue and organizing a seminar with potential issuers to widen awareness.
“These measures shall further facilitate the issuers, reduce their cost and hassle,” the SECP said. “In Pakistan, the Sukuk market has been performing below potential. While the demand is substantial, supply remains short.”
- 1:27 Qatar Islamic Bank second quarter profit rises 19 percent
- 3:19 Islamic Development Bank provides $40 million loan for Kazakh businesses
- 1:58 First Abu Dhabi Bank raises $850mln through sukuk
- 2:42 Emirates Islamic posts record $251m net profit in 2018.
- 3:07 No banking mergers in Malaysia this year- Research firms
- 3:08 SBP wins global award in promoting Islamic finance
- 1:22 Saudia to acquire 50 new Airbus aircraft through Shari'ah-compliant finance
- 1:05 Tawreeq launches Shari'ah Compliant Supply Chain Finance Platform
- 1:47 Bursa Malaysia launches world's first Islamic securities exchange platform
- 1:36 Dubai exchange, Saudi firm plan sharia-compliant spot gold contract
- 3:06 Muscat Securities Market announces new sample of Sharia Index
- 1:22 Pakistan plans return to international Islamic bond market
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H