Loading the player...
UAE Dana Gas says staying Sharjah court proceedings may take months
Dana initiated the proceedings in the Sharjah Federal Court of First Instance last month. It argues that its sukuk, which will mature in October, have become invalid because of changes in Islamic finance in recent years, and must therefore be exchanged for new instruments.
Earlier this month the London High Court ordered Dana to stay the Sharjah proceedings, and have a Sharjah court injunction protecting the company from claims lifted, pending a hearing by the London court in September.
However, Dana said it had been informed by its lawyers that the application to stay the Sharjah proceedings would need to be made jointly with other respondents in the case.
"The Sharjah Court further directed that these steps can only be taken following the July/August Sharjah Court judicial recess, and once the respondents located outside the UAE have been formally served using the officially mandated diplomatic service process which can take between three and six months to complete," the company said in a statement.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 1:07 UAE court postpones judgment at Dana Gas sukuk hearing - source
- 2:02 Pakistan court allows former President Musharraf to travel abroad.
- 2:48 Dana Gas wins approval for $700mln sukuk restructuring
- 1:11 Investors propose $700 million sukuk restructuring to UAE Dana Gas
- 1:18 Strongest pick-up in 5 months for Japan exports
- 1:60 Islamic finance feels heat from $700 mln Dana sukuk saga
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H