Loading the player...
Malaysia PNB to create RM20 billion of new Islamic shares for Maybank
PNB group chairman Tan Sri Abdul Wahid Omar said if the proposal materialised, the i-Maybank shares would be a syariah-compliant asset worth about RM20 billion.
This will be three times larger than the market value of BIMB Holdings Bhd, Wahid added.
The work on the mechanism is still in progress and very much within the PNB level, he said at a luncheon talk organised by the Malaysian Press Institute here.
"We think there is logic and basis to it. If it is successful, the other such as CIMB Group Bhd, RHB Bank and Bursa Malaysia may replicate the model," he added.
PNB currently owns a 48 per cent stake in Maybank, Malaysia largest bank group which in turn is the fourth largest bank in Asean by asset and the world's fifth largest Islamic bank.
Wahid said PNB's move was in support of the government Islamic financing agenda by creating more listed shariah investment instruments via its investee companies.
- 4:10 Islamic finance key to funding green energy projects
- 2:13 Alinma CEO shares leadership insights at Cambridge event
- 2:22 Dubai Islamic Bank Q2 profit jumps 14%
- 3:17 Consolidation on cards for UAE, Saudi islamic insurers over stricter capital norms
- 1:57 Emirates Strategic Investments Co readies debut dollar sukuk sale
- 1:34 Egypt’s FRA approves Sarwa Capital’s sukuk securitisation business
- 3:44 DIB-Noor merger to create Dh275 billion Islamic banking giant
- 3:20 Noor Financial Sells Shares Worth Rs 2.61 Billion of Meezan Bank
- 0:41 Malaysia's Maxis Broadband plans 10 billion ringgit Sukuk
- 0:50 Malaysia's Maxis Broadband plans 10 billion ringgit Sukuk
- 1:56 Malaysia's Sarawak Hidro said to plan $1.3 Billion Sukuk Sale
- 2:29 Malaysia's Ekovest will issue RM3.64 billion sukuk to finance highway project
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H