Loading the player...
Investors propose $700 million sukuk restructuring to UAE Dana Gas
Dana has been refusing to redeem the sukuk, which are due to mature in October, on the grounds that changes to Islamic financial practice in recent years make them unlawful in the United Arab Emirates - a claim which the holders reject.
Terms of the proposal include a cash paydown to sukuk holders of $300 million, an extension of the sukuk’s maturity by three years, and maintaining the sukuk’s current rates of periodic profit distribution to investors.
“The proposal has the in-principle support of over 70 percent in value of all sukuk holders combined,” the committee said.
Dana and the sukuk holders have been fighting the case in courts in London and the UAE, and London’s High Court is expected to begin a major hearing of the case next week.
- 2:12 Bank nizwa contributes in financing iconic mall of muscat
- 3:23 Conventional bond, sukuk listings hit $77.47bln on Nasdaq Dubai
- 2:44 Sharjah Islamic Bank's net profit rises by 6% in Q1 2019
- 2:40 iMAL to power digital banking for Ameen Al-Iraq Islamic Bank
- 2:22 Emirates Islamic Bank's net profit surges 97% to Dh411 million
- 4:36 Suriname, Guyana seek Islamic funding for development
- 2:48 Dana Gas wins approval for $700mln sukuk restructuring
- 0:54 Dana Gas sukuk restructuring proposal unrealistic -source close to company
- 2:32 Dana Gas repurchases $133mln sukuk
- 1:60 Islamic finance feels heat from $700 mln Dana sukuk saga
- 1:07 UAE court postpones judgment at Dana Gas sukuk hearing - source
- 2:53 Dubai Islamic Bank to meet investors ahead of possible sukuk
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H