Loading the player...
Investors propose $700 million sukuk restructuring to UAE Dana Gas
Dana has been refusing to redeem the sukuk, which are due to mature in October, on the grounds that changes to Islamic financial practice in recent years make them unlawful in the United Arab Emirates - a claim which the holders reject.
Terms of the proposal include a cash paydown to sukuk holders of $300 million, an extension of the sukuk’s maturity by three years, and maintaining the sukuk’s current rates of periodic profit distribution to investors.
“The proposal has the in-principle support of over 70 percent in value of all sukuk holders combined,” the committee said.
Dana and the sukuk holders have been fighting the case in courts in London and the UAE, and London’s High Court is expected to begin a major hearing of the case next week.
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 2:48 Dana Gas wins approval for $700mln sukuk restructuring
- 0:54 Dana Gas sukuk restructuring proposal unrealistic -source close to company
- 1:60 Islamic finance feels heat from $700 mln Dana sukuk saga
- 1:07 UAE court postpones judgment at Dana Gas sukuk hearing - source
- 2:53 Dubai Islamic Bank to meet investors ahead of possible sukuk
- 1:34 Bahrain Bond-Sukuk Spread Balloons as Investors Disagree on Credit Outlook
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H