Loading the player...
Saudi Arabia completes third monthly issue of domestic sukuk
A finance ministry official estimated in May that sales of debt in the local market would cover 25 to 35 percent of the country's 2017 budget deficit, projected at 200 billion riyals.
Riyadh started issuing domestic conventional bonds in 2015 after its finances were hit by a slump in international oil prices, but it suspended them in September last year as the issuances strained liquidity in the banking system. Since then, liquidity has improved and money rates have come down.
The new sukuk, which received bids of 24 billion riyals, was split into three tranches of five, seven and 10 years.
The government issued 2.4 billion riyals of the five-year sukuk, 3.9 billion riyals of the seven-year tranche and 0.7 billion riyals of the 10-year paper, the ministry of finance said late on Monday.
In its first domestic sukuk sale in July, the government sold a total of 17 billion riyals, while last month it raised 13 billion riyals.
The latest sukuk paid yields of 2.75 percent, 3.25 percent and 3.45 percent for the five, seven and 10-year bonds, respectively, sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
In its previous sukuk sale last month, Saudi Arabia paid yields of 2.7 percent, 3.2 percent and 3.5 percent to borrow, bankers said at that time.
- 3:18 Saudi based Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform Raqamyah signs with Shariyah Review Bureau
- 1:22 Bahrain central bank issues final rules on insurance aggregators
- 3:05 GCC Islamic banks headed for more M&A deals
- 3:01 Bank Nizwa participates in malaysia industry event to leverage latest trends in islamic finance
- 6:05 Qatar’s Islamic finance sector to get central regulation, profitability remains high
- 2:28 CIS is the next frontier for Islamic banking expansion Moody’s
- 1:21 Saudi Arabia sells $3.10bln sukuk in monthly issue
- 2:09 Saudi Arabia extends domestic debt curve with new sukuk issue
- 1:18 Saudi Arabia sells $1.38bln sukuk monthly issuance
- 1:04 Saudi Arabia sells $757mln in sukuk monthly issuance
- 2:27 Saudi Arabia to issue $3bln-$5bln in international sukuk by Q3 -DMO chief
- 0:51 Saudi Arabia's Bank Al Bilad prices 2 bln riyal sukuk issue
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H