Loading the player...
Saudi Arabia completes third monthly issue of domestic sukuk
A finance ministry official estimated in May that sales of debt in the local market would cover 25 to 35 percent of the country's 2017 budget deficit, projected at 200 billion riyals.
Riyadh started issuing domestic conventional bonds in 2015 after its finances were hit by a slump in international oil prices, but it suspended them in September last year as the issuances strained liquidity in the banking system. Since then, liquidity has improved and money rates have come down.
The new sukuk, which received bids of 24 billion riyals, was split into three tranches of five, seven and 10 years.
The government issued 2.4 billion riyals of the five-year sukuk, 3.9 billion riyals of the seven-year tranche and 0.7 billion riyals of the 10-year paper, the ministry of finance said late on Monday.
In its first domestic sukuk sale in July, the government sold a total of 17 billion riyals, while last month it raised 13 billion riyals.
The latest sukuk paid yields of 2.75 percent, 3.25 percent and 3.45 percent for the five, seven and 10-year bonds, respectively, sources familiar with the matter said on Tuesday.
In its previous sukuk sale last month, Saudi Arabia paid yields of 2.7 percent, 3.2 percent and 3.5 percent to borrow, bankers said at that time.
- 2:12 Bank nizwa contributes in financing iconic mall of muscat
- 3:23 Conventional bond, sukuk listings hit $77.47bln on Nasdaq Dubai
- 2:44 Sharjah Islamic Bank's net profit rises by 6% in Q1 2019
- 2:40 iMAL to power digital banking for Ameen Al-Iraq Islamic Bank
- 2:22 Emirates Islamic Bank's net profit surges 97% to Dh411 million
- 4:36 Suriname, Guyana seek Islamic funding for development
- 2:09 Saudi Arabia extends domestic debt curve with new sukuk issue
- 0:51 Saudi Arabia's Bank Al Bilad prices 2 bln riyal sukuk issue
- 1:05 Sukuk Al Ijara Monthly Issue 131 Fully Subscribed
- 1:30 Saudi finance ministry says domestic sukuk programme established
- 1:37 Saudi Arabia plans international sukuk sale in second half of this year - Maal
- 0:41 Saudi Arabia plans to launch second local currency Sukuk issuance next week
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H