Loading the player...
UAE court postpones judgment at Dana Gas sukuk hearing - source
In a dispute with potential implications for issuers and holders of Islamic debt around the world, Dana is refusing to make payments on the sukuk, which will mature this month.
It argues that changes in Islamic finance over recent years have made the bonds unlawful in the U A E.
A court in the emirate of Sharjah held its first hearing of the case and the judge then decided to reserve his judgment, the source said.
It was not clear when hearings might resume.
The postponement means the next major development in the dispute may occur in a London High Court, where fund manager BlackRock and Deutsche Bank representing sukuk holders, have been arguing against Dana.
In late September, High Court judge George Leggatt said he would adjourn the London trial until Oct. 12.
- 2:01 Pakistan's Islamic banks show its conventional peers how it's done
- 1:28 AAOIFI-World International Conference, edition 12
- 1:35 Saudi Arabia joins Islamic finance body, could boost cross-border deals
- 1:20 Pakistan finalizes two consortiums to raise another $2b
- 1:27 International Islamic Liquidity Management Corporation Increases Sukuk Issuance to $3bln
- 16:06 ASI ABUSINESS WEEK EP 396 SBN
- 0:54 Dana Gas sukuk restructuring proposal unrealistic -source close to company
- 1:22 UAE Dana Gas says staying Sharjah court proceedings may take months
- 1:11 Investors propose $700 million sukuk restructuring to UAE Dana Gas
- 2:02 Pakistan court allows former President Musharraf to travel abroad.
- 2:17 ICD lists MTN program, sukuk on LSE
- 2:14 ICD lists MTN program, Sukuk on LSE
- 19:32 ASIA BUSINESS WEEK EP 385 SBN
- 2:33 Saudi Arabian developer Jabal Omar to raise 4 billion riyals via sukuk –sources
- 0:52 Dubai Meraas Holding issues $200 mln tap of private sukuk due in 2022 -document
- 19:28 Asia Business Week EP 385 SHINE ISLAMIC FINANCE..mpg
- 17:12 ASIA BUSINESS WEEK
- 1:16 Securities Exchange Commission of Pakistan is easing Sukuk rules as part of a measure to facilitate Islamic finance to develop the Shari'a compliant market.
- 2:26 Morocco's CIH bank is positioning for growth as the North African country prepares to introduce a more flexible exchange rate system and expand its Islamic banking sector
- 1:55 Malaysia Is On Track To Achieve Global Halal Hub status by 2020 backed by a holistic ecosystem
- 1:34 14th Malaysia International Halal Showcase Expects To Generate At Least 400 Mln Malaysian Ringgit From international sourcing program
- 3:31 Brunei welcomes Foreign Direct Investment in Halal food industry