Loading the player...
UAE court postpones judgment at Dana Gas sukuk hearing - source
In a dispute with potential implications for issuers and holders of Islamic debt around the world, Dana is refusing to make payments on the sukuk, which will mature this month.
It argues that changes in Islamic finance over recent years have made the bonds unlawful in the U A E.
A court in the emirate of Sharjah held its first hearing of the case and the judge then decided to reserve his judgment, the source said.
It was not clear when hearings might resume.
The postponement means the next major development in the dispute may occur in a London High Court, where fund manager BlackRock and Deutsche Bank representing sukuk holders, have been arguing against Dana.
In late September, High Court judge George Leggatt said he would adjourn the London trial until Oct. 12.
- 2:03 PPAF awarded for services towards financial inclusion
- 3:28 Alliance Islamic Bank launches social crowdfunding platform
- 3:34 Only 1.6 pct of green bonds issued in Q1 2019 were Shariah-compliant sukuk – Moody’s
- 3:06 Fintech to help Qatar become Islamic finance hub QFC
- 1:56 UAE bank awards Dh1 million to Indian expat after maintaining account for six years
- 2:46 5th International Islamic Finance Executive Program Concludes in Jeddah
- 0:54 Dana Gas sukuk restructuring proposal unrealistic -source close to company
- 1:22 UAE Dana Gas says staying Sharjah court proceedings may take months
- 1:22 Emirate of Sharjah to raise $1bln with seven-year sukuk - source
- 2:32 Dana Gas repurchases $133mln sukuk
- 2:48 Dana Gas wins approval for $700mln sukuk restructuring
- 1:11 Investors propose $700 million sukuk restructuring to UAE Dana Gas
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H