Loading the player...
UAE court postpones judgment at Dana Gas sukuk hearing - source
In a dispute with potential implications for issuers and holders of Islamic debt around the world, Dana is refusing to make payments on the sukuk, which will mature this month.
It argues that changes in Islamic finance over recent years have made the bonds unlawful in the U A E.
A court in the emirate of Sharjah held its first hearing of the case and the judge then decided to reserve his judgment, the source said.
It was not clear when hearings might resume.
The postponement means the next major development in the dispute may occur in a London High Court, where fund manager BlackRock and Deutsche Bank representing sukuk holders, have been arguing against Dana.
In late September, High Court judge George Leggatt said he would adjourn the London trial until Oct. 12.
- 1:27 Qatar Islamic Bank second quarter profit rises 19 percent
- 3:19 Islamic Development Bank provides $40 million loan for Kazakh businesses
- 1:58 First Abu Dhabi Bank raises $850mln through sukuk
- 2:42 Emirates Islamic posts record $251m net profit in 2018.
- 3:07 No banking mergers in Malaysia this year- Research firms
- 3:08 SBP wins global award in promoting Islamic finance
- 0:54 Dana Gas sukuk restructuring proposal unrealistic -source close to company
- 1:22 UAE Dana Gas says staying Sharjah court proceedings may take months
- 2:48 Dana Gas wins approval for $700mln sukuk restructuring
- 1:11 Investors propose $700 million sukuk restructuring to UAE Dana Gas
- 1:60 Islamic finance feels heat from $700 mln Dana sukuk saga
- 2:02 Pakistan court allows former President Musharraf to travel abroad.
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H