Loading the player...
PRECIOUS-Gold rises on Syria concerns, on track for second week of gains
Gold rose was set to post a small gain for a second week running, supported by tensions over Syria.
Spot goldrose 0.4 percent to $1,339.71 an ounce as of 0324 GMT, and was set for a weekly gain of 0.5 percent. U.S. gold futures were up 0.1 percent at $1,342.70 an ounce.
Prices are gaining on tensions over Syria, that has stoked geopolitical concerns, said Richard Xu, a fund manager at HuaAn Gold, China's biggest gold exchange-traded fund.
Global stocks recovered and the dollar firmed after Trump's comments, which weighed on the dollar-denominated bullion.
Gold prices dropped 1.3 percent, the biggest one-day percentage fall since March 28. Prices have fallen over$25 an ounce since climbing to an 11-week high of $1,365.23 an ounce.
Easing concerns over the trade war between China and the United States also weighed on gold prices in the previous session.
In other precious metals, platinum was 0.2 percent higher at $926.74 an ounce.
Palladium was up 0.5 percent at $968.50 an ounce and on track for an over 7 percent rise this week.
Spot silver rose 0.4 percent to $16.49 per ounce.
- 4:10 Islamic finance key to funding green energy projects
- 2:13 Alinma CEO shares leadership insights at Cambridge event
- 2:22 Dubai Islamic Bank Q2 profit jumps 14%
- 3:17 Consolidation on cards for UAE, Saudi islamic insurers over stricter capital norms
- 1:57 Emirates Strategic Investments Co readies debut dollar sukuk sale
- 1:34 Egypt’s FRA approves Sarwa Capital’s sukuk securitisation business
- 1:29 China vows support for Arab League's solution to Syria crisis.
- 1:33 Dollar Saudi riyal forwards jump to 12 yr high on liquidity concerns
- 2:13 Oil gains more than 2% as stock market rebounds
- 2:58 Work on Qatar Railway project on track
- 4:11 Saudi king's son on fast track to power
- 2:38 Malaysia on track to become global Islamic finance hub, says Amiruddin
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H