Loading the player...
Barclays adding Malaysia Sukuk to index draws 3 billion dollars.
The nation’s Shariah-compliant government investment issues will be included in the Barclays Global Aggregate Index with a weighting of 0.1 8 percent, the U.K. lender said estimating it would attract at least 2.5 billion dollar to 3 billion dollar. The average yield on 10-year Malaysian sovereign sukuk is 4.2 3 percent, compared with 3.9 3 percent for non-Islamic notes of the same maturity.
Malaysia, which pioneered Islamic finance in the 1980s, has 211.9 billion ringgit worth 59 billion dollars of government sukuk outstanding, 39 percent of its total sovereign debt, central bank data show.
The country has increased sales of Shariah-compliant debt over the past few years, with the proportion of annual issuance rising from 19 percent in 2007 to a forecast 48 percent this year said Barclays. Foreign investors still favor the non-Islamic sovereign notes though, holding 145.3 billion ringgit of them compared with 4.8 billion ringgit of sukuk, central bank figures show.
Shariah-compliant finance is expanding beyond its traditional strongholds in the Middle East and Southeast Asia as governments and companies seek to tap an industry that Ernst & Young LLP forecasts will double to 3.4 trillion dollar in assets by 2018. The U.K., Hong Kong and Luxembourg sold debut sukuk last year and are seeking to become Islamic finance hubs.
- 5:08 Pakistan’s stock market gets its first Islamic financing instrument
- 1:29 Dubai's Emaar Properties sells $500mln 10-year sukuk
- 3:20 Emirates Islamic launches exclusive Cashbacksouk.ae portal
- 5:08 Al Baraka Bank South Africa Net Income Increases by 64% during the first half of 2019
- 1:26 Faisal Islamic Bank reports profits in H1
- 1:20 Dubai Islamic Bank narrows losses ahead of expansion
- 3:16 Iraqi parliament approves 2015 budget worth 105 billion dollars.
- 0:41 Malaysia's Maxis Broadband plans 10 billion ringgit Sukuk
- 0:50 Malaysia's Maxis Broadband plans 10 billion ringgit Sukuk
- 1:56 Malaysia's Sarawak Hidro said to plan $1.3 Billion Sukuk Sale
- 2:29 Malaysia's Ekovest will issue RM3.64 billion sukuk to finance highway project
- 3:00 Fitch: Index Move Boosts Sukuk; Frameworks & Standards Still Key
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H