Loading the player...
Africa's Afreximbank looks to Islamic finance with IDB(Islamic Development bank) tie-up
African markets are gradually opening to Islamic finance, buoyed by governments' debut sales of sovereign sukuk and legislative efforts to make the sector more attractive for companies across the region.
The agreement will also allow cooperation in structuring capital market deals including Islamic bonds, the institutions said in a joint statement.
The Ivory Coast and Niger are exploring the possibility of debut sukuk issues, after Senegal and South Africa tapped the market for the first time last year.
Afreximbank, which was founded by African governments and other investors in 1993 and focuses on trade finance, will seek to participate in syndicated transactions and investment funds alongside the Jeddah-based Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD).
- 3:18 Saudi based Peer-to-Peer Funding Platform Raqamyah signs with Shariyah Review Bureau
- 1:22 Bahrain central bank issues final rules on insurance aggregators
- 3:05 GCC Islamic banks headed for more M&A deals
- 3:01 Bank Nizwa participates in malaysia industry event to leverage latest trends in islamic finance
- 6:05 Qatar’s Islamic finance sector to get central regulation, profitability remains high
- 2:28 CIS is the next frontier for Islamic banking expansion Moody’s
- 1:13 Islamic Development Bank President Calls On Other Banks To Increase Development Finance, Mobilize Private Sector To Achieve SDGs
- 0:46 Islamic Development Bank
- 2:35 Medina Islamic Finance Boost Financial Inclusion in Africa
- 1:43 Islamic Development Bank increases sukuk programme to $25 bln
- 1:23 Islamic Development Bank hires banks for dollar sukuk
- 0:59 Islamic Development Bank to raise $2bln in sukuks in 2019
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H