Loading the player...
Africa's Afreximbank looks to Islamic finance with IDB(Islamic Development bank) tie-up
African markets are gradually opening to Islamic finance, buoyed by governments' debut sales of sovereign sukuk and legislative efforts to make the sector more attractive for companies across the region.
The agreement will also allow cooperation in structuring capital market deals including Islamic bonds, the institutions said in a joint statement.
The Ivory Coast and Niger are exploring the possibility of debut sukuk issues, after Senegal and South Africa tapped the market for the first time last year.
Afreximbank, which was founded by African governments and other investors in 1993 and focuses on trade finance, will seek to participate in syndicated transactions and investment funds alongside the Jeddah-based Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD).
- 2:36 Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank said to mull merger option
- 4:54 Morocco finally sets the stage for takaful industry
- 3:34 Bank of the Philippines urged to lobby for Islamic banking bill
- 8:02 Slow sustainability integration a threat to Islamic Finance
- 3:56 Al Salam Bank to introduce Islamic banking practices in Seychelles
- 6:45 Malaysia a global leader in Islamic banking
- 1:13 Islamic Development Bank President Calls On Other Banks To Increase Development Finance, Mobilize Private Sector To Achieve SDGs
- 0:46 Islamic Development Bank
- 1:43 Islamic Development Bank increases sukuk programme to $25 bln
- 3:19 Islamic Development Bank provides $40 million loan for Kazakh businesses
- 1:17 Islamic Development Bank lists $1.25 billion Sukuk on Nasdaq Dubai
- 0:57 Islamic Development Bank prices $1.25 bln sukuk with 2.26 percent profit rate
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H