Loading the player...
Egypt's Arab Investment Bank and IDB unit launch leasing firm.
Despite strong growth in the Middle East and Southeast Asia, Islamic finance has lagged in Africa, home to a quarter of the world's Muslims, with the Islamic banks that are in place slow to provide long-term financing to the SME sector.
In June, the ICD signed separate agreements to help develop Islamic leasing businesses in Malaysia and Uzbekistan, as well as extending $5 million in financing to support SME lending in the former Soviet state.
Enmaa Leasing Company, the latest firm set up by the Jeddah-based Islamic Corporation for the Development of the Private Sector (ICD) will have authorized capital of 150 million Egyptian pounds ($20 million), a joint statement said.
The ICD is also in discussions with Nigeria and Ivory Coast to debut sovereign Islamic bonds (sukuk) after Senegal tapped the market last year; Niger has signed up for a sukuk program worth 150 billion CFA francs ($260 million).
Arab Investment Bank offers Islamic banking products in two of its 18 branches and is also planning to expand that range of products.
- 2:14 Fintech changes the way institutions provide financial services
- 3:06 Al Baraka Islamic Bank Launches All-New Customer Care WhatsApp Service
- 1:26 Emirates NBD partners with SAS to enhance customer services through AI
- 4:31 ICD seeks to increase Central Asian participation in Islamic finance through developing local SMEs, says company chair
- 2:11 Russia's Sberbank to Acquire Stake in Islamic Charity Platform PayZakat
- 1:32 Creditor objection period on SABB-Alawwal merger to end on Saturday
- 2:40 Quantum Investment Bank and Palma launch a new Shariah compliant aircraft leasing fund with Airbus
- 1:56 Egypt issues Suez Canal investment certificates
- 3:17 Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority and Abu Dhabi Global Market partner to support investment
- 3:07 MBSB Bank on investment spree to realise premier Islamic bank dream
- 0:56 Arab National Bank wins approval for 2 bln riyal sukuk
- 0:40 Kuwait's Al Ahli Bank buying Piraeus Bank Egypt for USD150m
- 4:03 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT A
- 3:09 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT B
- 3:07 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT C
- 3:29 UNIT 3 RIBA, INTEREST AND PROFIT D
- 19:37 Economic System Of Islam Part 01
- 26:27 The foundation of Islamic Economics Part 02
- 37:10 Finance and Financing Part 04
- 13:49 Basic Principles of Islamic Economics Part 03
- 2:44 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART I
- 4:21 UNIT 1 ECONOMIC SYSTEM OF ISLAM PART H